Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Monday, September 13, 2010

 So I couldn't go to sleep tonight without finishing out the day on the good ol' blog.  It has been such a surreal day.   I will admit that this morning Marc and I both had serious butterflies in our stomachs... not the good kind either.. the- I'm gonna toss my cookies kind.  We had no idea what to expect from this child whos world was about to be turned upside down.  There are 101 cute stories from the day,,, I will try to narrow them down.  

We did go to McDon@lds tonight, and you would think it was the best thing that could ever possibly happen.  Ty would look at us then look at his french fry and just giggle.  Then he would show me my french fries and try to tell me to eat.   I gave him some ketchup and his eyes about popped out of his head.  
 We walked over to a large outdoor mall and anytime he saw stairs or escalators he would jump into our arms and hold on for dear life, but he never stopped smiling ear to ear.   Then this evening we were walking in an outdoor pedestrian market, a few times Marc was walking ahead holding his hand, Kobi and I were right behind... he would look back to check we were still there and smile so big I thought he was going to burst...then he would look up at Marc and just beam.    

Oh,, he also started telling our guide that he had older brothers, and sisters... she looked at us and said, " I think he was in foster care"  I told her that his paperwork said that he had been in the orphanage since he was one day old.  She kept asking him questions and then realized that he was talking on and on about our family from the photos we had sent and the ones that we had brought for him.    He did get a bit nervous at bedtime.  I am sure he normally has a routine of which I have no idea.  He had gone to bed with a comb after bath time..  I laid down with him and he just kept combing my hair which was surely a ploy not to go to bed, and yes it totally worked.  He is a charmer.  He is super busy and super excited.  We haven't been able to pull out many of the fun things we brought for him as it seems like he would surely pop with excitement.   He is a major copy cat, already copying some of our English words.  He is going to keep me extra busy... I am in t.r.o.u.b.l.e.!  and 100% head over heals
 Tomorrow we go to the orphanage, we are driving back from the Civil affairs office( over two and a half hours) with the director and two nannies from the orphanage, then we will go to lunch with them.  I always hate the anticipation of this day.  I am anxious of how it will all play out. I know it will be a hard day, but I know for sure that I won't regret a second of the memories we make.

17 comments:

Bobbi said...

He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am so thrilled for you all. Prayers for a fabulous trip...full of special memories!!!

elizabeth said...

crying {shocker!}...yep...he's part of the fam already...thanks for letting us share in the story...thank you God for a family for Ty!!! love you all

Pam said...

Oh, Amy. Oh, Amy. I have no words. Just tears of happiness. your boy is just beautiful. And he's doing so well. Praise God!

Pam said...

Oh, Amy. Oh, Amy. I have no words. Just tears of happiness. your boy is just beautiful. And he's doing so well. Praise God!

Caroline said...

Amy,
I am praying for you and your family, and especially for Ty. I pray that his transition will be easy and he will have peace in his heart. Safe travels and thank you for allowing us to share your joy.

Caroline Johnston

Mommy said...

I am crying crying crying over here! He is absolutely precious and his smile is contagious. I know there will be moments to come but I have no doubt the beginning days together are a mirror to the future. I am so happy for you guys! God is soo goood!

heavenfourme said...

How awesome Amy and Marc! I know he was always meant to be a part of your family...what a lucky little boy..he has a great mom and dad! Love to all of you, The Weihrichs

Jaclyn said...

I keep coming back to look at the pics and read your post! I'm sooooo happy the day went so incredibly well! What an awesome little guy for an AWESOME family!

Love you guys!

Refresh!

Truly Blessed said...

Oh my, how wonderful that things are going so well this early! What a darling young man (and I LOVE the shot of Kobi with the bright lights behind her!).

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Such joy for you guys! He is just precious. It's fun to see your pics and remember being there just 3 months ago ourselves! We practically lived at that outdoor mall so our energetic little guy could have space to run.
Clearly, the Lord prepared his heart Amy. What a blessing! Enjoy enjoy!! love, The humes

Mary said...

Holy moley! Your experience with him is SO much like ours with Lydia. Ran into our arms with a shout of "mama!" and never looked back! (And in Nanjing too!)

Congratulations! He is GORGEOUS!

Mary
(OneBlessedFamily on RQ)

groovy mama said...

He is adorable and looks like he a member of the family already! Congrats to you and your gang, you are wonderful people! Love seeing the pics of the city my Ella was part of! How do you like NAnjing?
HUGS, Donna;0)

kristi.moody.mommy.and more. said...

I have tears I am so happy for you and your little Ty!

Sarabeth Hudson said...

Just had to come look at him one more time! (and refresh!) <3

Jen said...

Wow what a cutie, I'm happy to hear everything is going well!

Aimee said...

I am sitting here with HUGE tears streaming down my face.. oh oh oh!!! SO happy for you and especially for him.. he's obviously OVERJOYED at the prospective of FAMILY... he's going to rock your world, isn't he?????

A Cup of Cold Water said...

amy, he is so cute! and i love to hear how much he loves you guys all ready. the story about him talking about his brothers and sisters was SO sweet!!

so sad to hear that he wasn't feeling well today though. i know that was hard on everyone. hope he's feeling better now and ready for a new day!
erika