Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Quick & Easy - Salty & Sweett

Here is a quick recipe for peanut brittle... this is REALLY yummy and way easier than you'd think to make.
1 cup corn syrup, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp butter, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 10 oz raw spanish peanuts

Combine corn syrup, sugar, butter & salt in pan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the peanuts and bring to a low "bubble" over med heat .
Stir often until the peanuts turn light brown (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat, add in 1 tsp baking soda, and mix well.
Immediately pour onto greased pan. Let cool & brake it up & serve.
This would be great for super bowl too. I have a ridiculous list of junk food swirling in my head, I don't dig sports but I love super bowl...I'm in it for the food :) .
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

You are my hero...really....