Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Super Easy Panini

I promised y'all this easy recipe a while back, and then the holidays sucked my brain straight outta my head. but here it is, 4 ingredient easiness. Well 5-6 ingredients if you are REALLY counting, but olive oil doesn't really count, right?

Bread, mozzarella, pesto and/or basil, tomato, olive oil. Go ahead and slice 'em all up. I used two different kinds of bread just so I could show you it doesn't really matter. I personally like the individually sliced sandwiches better, but classic panini's are on the big cibatta bread.
You can use pesto or you can use fresh basil, I've used either, I've used both... It's all good.

Layer on the mozzarella, the fresher the better.
next tomatoes.
If you are going to do the fresh basil, now would be a good time.
Drizzle or brush with olive oil.
I use a Ge*rge F*rman, but I have also used the grill, a pan, and the oven on a low setting. It's like pizza in its basic form...don't over think it.
Once all the cheese starts to get melty, they are done. You just can't go wrong. Another thing I love about these little sandwiches, is that you can make them before hand, cover with plastic wrap and heat them up later for dinner or a luncheon.
On that note I would love to hear what you don't cook... yeah, what you DON'T cook. What do you make on those nights when you don't want to cook anything???? For that I am at a loss, I dislike feeding the kiddos fried food (chicken nuggets) for dinner, and we RARELY eat out. I hear lots of people saying they don't really cook,,,, but what don't you cook... I would love to know that, I need a few weeknight - soccer practice night -no cook dinner nights. Let me know if you like the recipes and I will keep them coming.

8 comments:

Hebnix said...

I can't wait to try this one... We have Panini's almost every Saturday!

One of my favorite No Cook Recipe's is actually baked.

We just had it tonite. It's the recipe in the back of the Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken.

Add a can of that, a can of water, 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies, and top with a piece of chicken and place in oven to bake... about an hour later, top with cheese, and allow to melt then serve! Viola!

Once it's in the oven, you're done!

By the way, your camera is doing great on the color of the food photo's!

Love for Lilly Yin said...

When I don't cook...fend for yourself...yes I have old kids, except for one and I fend for her...

When I cook easy...sandwiches, soup (campbells) and anything prepackaged. We eat out too much and I have the pickiest eaters known to man...probably created by me..It my major bad Mom thing...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your recipe's. Keep them coming. I just might turn into a good cook after all:) Love ya

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipes...I really need new ideas. I have four kids and lots of busy weeknights. Your photos make it real. We all like frozen Chinese dumplings...just boil, sprinkle a little soy sauce, open a bag of salad and serve.

Stacey Johnson Brumbaugh said...

I have the most basic mac and cheese sauce that both my kids love. That's usually what they get when I don't want to cook. I hate serving them processed foods or wasting money on take out. I use it with large shell pasta or penne so my littlest one can pick it up easily.

* 3 tablespoons butter
* 3 tablespoons flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar (I use a little more sometimes)

Make sauce while you are cooking pasta. Reheats nicely in microwave. Enjoy!

Bailey said...

This looks absolutely delicious. Wow! I cannot way to try this one at home. Thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I don't comment often...but had to on this one! :) I'm so excited to try your recipe. So delicious looking! Thanks for sharing. My favorite easy recipe is "Easy Parmesan Chicken" Start with 6 small chicken breasts (tenders are ok too). Melt 3 T. butter in a casserole dish. In a side dish, mix 1 c.Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, 1/2 c. grated parm. cheese, and 1 t. garlic powder. Dip chicken, one at a time in butter first and then crumb mixture to coat (both sides). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. It's moist and yummy! We like it with trader joe's instant mashed potatoes and green beans.
take care, Sarah Hume

withgratefulhearts said...

My secret weapon has always been my bread machine...not for the bread but for quick, delicious dough that I can top with ANYTHING. When I don't know what to make for dinner, I'll throw dough ingredients in the bread machine early enough in the day to do it again in the afternoon. It only takes minutes to throw in the ingredients and thus far making 2 batches feeds our family of 7. Then, at dinner time, I can just spread the dough out on pizza pans and layer it up with whatever I happen to have: pizza ingredients, or chicken and cheddar, or broccali and cheddar, lots of veggies....whatever is on hand. And everyone always seems to love it and the dough is delicious!