Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

What's for dinner?

We call this Medi-pasta, aka Mediterranean pasta, it's Collin's favorite. If you cheat like I did and have your chicken already cooked this will take about 15 minutes...If not just cook up a few chicken breast, before you start your pasta.
Ingredients: Chicken ( I used a rotisserie chicken and just took all the meat off, my favorite trick for quick weeknight cooking)
Farfalle (bow-tie pasta), Olive Oil, Mushrooms,Onion, chopped garlic, olives (black and green at our house), sun-dried tomatoes(in olive oil), artichoke hearts, white wine, Italian dressings, feta cheese (not pictured)

First go ahead and make the bow-tie pasta as usual... put the water on to boil and then start the rest.
Put a few tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a hot pan and cook up the mushrooms for a few minutes then and the garlic & onions ( I had green onions which work fine, but would normally use a red or white onion,,don't stress it)
Go ahead in dump in half a jar of sun dried tomatoes, mine where already chopped, bonus.
Now don't get excited this is for the pasta. The pan is really hot so go ahead and pour in a nice big glass of white wine. Also add a few tablespoons of Italian dressing. Let it cook for a few minutes.
Add in your shredded cooked chicken, artichoke hearts and olives.
Once it is all heated up turn it down to a medium simmer until the pasta is ready. About 5 more minutes.

Drain your pasta, pour chicken mixture over the top and cover with feta (Parmesan and/or mozzarella works too, you can't go wrong with cheese). When you are making something like this- make it to your taste, exact amounts don't matter. If you add a little more, a little less, or completely forget one of the ingredients, it will still be yummy. Perfection only matters when you are baking, I don't like baking... I'm not good at following directions :) Next week I will do a 4 ingredient family favorite.

6 comments:

Our family: said...

This looks so delicious! I'm making this soon!

Love following your blog! So sweet!

Brandi said...

This sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing.

Jen Barbee said...

We're gonna be having this one soon.

Holly said...

I made this last night, minus the olives (I just can't do olives!) and it was soooo good. I served it with focaccia bread with dipping oil. Yummy. Leftovers for lunch today, too. Keep the recipes coming. I'm a horrendous cook and am looking forward to the 4 ingredient recipe.

desiree cook said...

Do you have "printable" versions of the recipes? I keep a folder of recipes I find for easy use.

desiree cook said...

Do you have "printable" versions of the recipes? I keep a folder of recipes I find for easy use.