We have our PA (pre approval from China) in our hands! It was actually issued on 11/12/07 but I received it today 11/29/07. We have also sent in our Dossier. Which for those of you who are curious consist of :
- Our Homestudy
- Both of our Birth Certificates
- Our Marriage Certificate
- Complete Physicals for both
- Police Clearance
- Fingerprints and Clearance from the Department of Homeland Security
- Financial Statements
- Employment Letters
All of these things needed to be individually:
- Authenticated from either FL or NC
- Authenticated from the US Dept of State in DC
- Authenticated by the Chinese Consulate!!!!
What a massive amount of paperwork but now it is DONE!!!! Now we get to settle in for the waiting game. They say from this point it is about 100 days to get an LOA. That is an average could be 40 days could be 140 days (just to keep us frazzled).