Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things are still pretty hectic around here,  I am trying REALLY hard to find our family groove,  I may have to reinvent a new normal, and I know I have to change my expectations and old ways of doing things. 
When you hold a sleeping baby, especially a baby with cheeks like this, it makes it easier to get your priorities together. 
Mina is starting to interact with Finn a little bit.  Giving her moments.  She mostly only wants to mother her, and tell her "no", not so much play with her.  She is having a rough go.  She will let her in, I know she will.
Mina was giving her the stare down version of the "stink-eye", while Finn was in Mango Love. Big brother Jack came in and broke the stare and got them laughing.  We did smore's tonight, such a mess. ridiculous really. "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Matthew 7:3  (Mina "helping" Finn clean off her messy face while she is oblivious to the chocolate & marshmallow all over her own) Finn received a welcome home gift from our wonderfully sweet neighbors, poor kid had no clue what to do with a wrapped package. 
Good thing she has helpers. 

 Things come easy for this boy. Have you ever known anyone like that, no matter what they try they are good at it?   He picked up riding a bike in one hour, and has been going strong for weeks. 

Poor girl inherited her Mama's coordination or lack there of and was only motivated by her baby brother being able to ride in the street with the big kids.   

I almost forgot about the bangs,  the self inflicted haircut.  I personally think this beautiful child could sport any 'do or bad style choices by her Mama and still be the cutest thing ever.  Hopefully we can keep the scissors out of reach though...

4 comments:

monica said...

It's a joy to watch your family regroup, even though I know it is hard on you. I don't know what it's like, to add a new baby to a family with 4 kiddos. But I can imagine how much work it is--and yes, joy too--but we are worked over just having Jasmine. You amaze me! Love, Monica

Tami said...

Amy,
I found your blog via RQ and have been following your journey to Finn since before you LOA. I brought home our daughter in December...we have three older children (10,12,14) and Keeghan, our new addition, is 22 months. Let me tell you I STILL haven't found our new family grove! I hope yours comes quickly!
Tami

chksngr said...

LOVE these!!!

You are so right, Mina would look good pretty much any possible way!! LOVE that she is trying to clean Finn's face...that simply cracks me up!

I adore how J can make everyone cut up!

Seriously don't know how you do it girlie...but there probably will have to be a new "normal" for you and your family. I have such huge admirations for what you ahve done to complete your family and how much you take on every day! Its amazing inspriation!

BLESSINGS!

4ever said...

Hi Amy,

Just thought I'd stop by and say "HI" and that I'm happy that you and Finn made it home safely. She is so cute! I just love these Dongguan babies! (We got our daughter on the 27th of March from Dongguan - Haylee). So very happy for your family! Congratulations!

Jennie