Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What an amazing day.... I knew this was going to be a tear jerker, I think I am actually a bit numb. I can not believe our fortune of how today worked out.  We woke up early (Check out Mina's bed head), talked to the Kiddo's via computer, and headed out..  How fortunate are we that we were able to visit Mina's orphanage!!!  She has been in foster care a little more than half her time here but she had also lived at the orphanage and would visit often while in foster care.  We met all the nannies, the director and assistant director.  They were more than hospitable!!! I couldn't believe it. We had asked the other day if Mina had a birth note, and today they gave it to us... the original birth note with a short letter and Mina's time and date of birth!!!  I will cherish this always. The one photo in here is in the same spot as one of her referral photos.   We also took several photos of the city where she is from,  I posted just 2.   She fell asleep on the long trip back to Changsha.  We also went to KFC for lunch and then to the Chinese Walmart, what a difference than back home... unreal.  We are hanging in the hotel for a bit right now, and will have dinner later.  My Internet connection is still a little sporadic so I will post photos as soon as I can.  We leave for Guanzhou tomorrow evening, We are really looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Mommy said...

Have a safe flight! I just got back into town and caught up on the travel journal. She is just so beautiful Amy!

Anonymous said...

Marc and Amy I am so happy for you!
You are coming home on the same day
that I came home with Kelsey 10 years ago! That is really something. She is beautiful! Best of luck and we can't wait to see her. Love Aunt Evie

Truly Blessed said...

Wow, how lovely that you have Mina's birth note. I have always wondered if my sweet Katie had one left with her -- if so, the SWI didn't want to tell me (or give it to me!).

I love that you were able to visit her SWI -- that is SUCH an important step in the adoption process,in my opinion!

Have a great time in Guangzhou -- it's a fun place.

Kelly