Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Monday, March 24, 2008

We our blessed beyond Measure!











Meet our Daughter..It does not get any cuter than this! I have no words to give this day justice.  I will cry like a baby if I try to put words on it anyhow, and I am too exhausted.    We now have the 4 best kids in the entire world!!  I have spent the last several months very hesitant about being excited about this adoption process.  There is no hesitation left.  We have our daughter, She is so precious!  This day has been the dream that I have been to scared to dream.  Mina was pretty upset when we first met, which I completely expected.  It was heartbreaking to watch her hurting, and not be able to fix her pain.  She stopped crying when we got into the van to come back to the hotel.  She seems like a real busy body and is very curious to everything going on around her.  We came back to the hotel and she started to come out of her shell a bit,  she loves all the toys we brought and is very attached to a stuffed "prayer bunny" that I had sent her months ago in a care package.  (I need to get a few more of them as soon as we are back in the states). It is about 70 degrees outside and this girl had on about 5 layers of clothes.   Amazingly by dinner time she was loving the people and beginning to smile and laugh with us. And boy can this girl eat. Our first meal together and she ate rice, bone soup with turnips, broccoli, spicy beef & asparagus,  So much for picky eaters.  She will definitely fit in well with our crew. She is a tiny little thing, I am shocked.  We came back to the hotel, did paperwork, ran to the market to get some formula and drinks, and then came home and put her in the bath,  which she absolutely loved!! She was amazed by the bubbles and seemed like she would have played in the bath for hours.  We dried her up and I rocked her for a few minutes, put her to bed and she was out!!!  Now to see if she sleeps through the night.  
Honestly the day could not have been any better.  I am trying to throw in all the facts of the day without writing a novel, but I can't believe how amazing the last few hours have been. 
Our prayers have been answered beyond comprehension.  We are so blessed.  
Oh, by the way, she is just the cutest little thing, and has some Chinese words.  I wish I spoke Chinese 
so I new 
what she was saying.  When we were at the market she squealed and was saying something, but I haven't a clue.  Our guide recognized a few of the words at dinner.  It is soooo cute. 


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. I'm so happy for all of you. I love everything that you've been posting and being able to stay caught up on what's going on. Have a wonderful time on the rest of your trip. Can't wait to read more.

Jammi

rgshrs said...

She is just beautiful! What smiles already! Her spirit is showing! Enjoy this special bonding time you have while in China, just take it all in as it comes. So very happy for you all! You are truly blessed!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I have been stalking your blog all morning :) ....Mina is just BEAUTIFUL and what a sweet smile!!! I am so thilled for you all....I know you will enjoy every single minute!!! God is so good!!! I am so excited to be following your journey!! Love~Bobbi

Mommy said...

Praise God! I've been stalking the blog all morning. She is so beautiful! Congratulations! Can't wait to see how the next few days unfold. Yes, blessed beyond measure for sure!

M

Andrew Goerke said...

Congrats Mommy

she is beautiful

Your friends at your agency

chksngr said...

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Oh, Amy, what a precious face she has...its like she is drinking in everything and working it all out in her little head!!!

I noticed her tiny hands...What an amazing addition to your already amazing family!!!!

PRAISE TO GOD for this day!!!

Hugs and BLESSINGS!

f.

Anonymous said...

Amy - she is so adorable - what a precious gift from God!!! Praise God for His goodness in your lives!!!

eastandwest said...

So funny- I had planned my post and Bobbie said the same thing- I've been stalking your blog all morning. :)

She is absolutely beautiful. Words just can't do it justice, can they?

We can't wait to see how she blossoms and grows in your family.

She IS a little peanut, isn't she?

Anonymous said...

I am bawling (shocker!) and Amy - it's the ugly cry!! I can't believe this day is here!! She is so precious...as photogenic as she is I know she was created to be in your family!! I'm so proud of all that you have done to make this moment happen...YOU ARE SO LOVED MINA - WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU! To God be the glory...

Anonymous said...

Wow! She is beautiful!! What a wonderful blessing adoption is. Mina - we cant wait to meet you and introduce you to your cousins.Enjoy the rest of your time in China and have a safe trip home.
love - Aunt Suzy and Uncle Mike

Mary Vaca said...

Yea! How precious is she? I love the pictures, especially the one with her wide open smile where she's looking away. So cute! We're so thankful everything's going smoothly for you over there. Can't wait for you to return so we can meet Mina!

The Vacas

Sarabeth Hudson said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad you've been able to keep us posted so we can see how things are going and just how happy you all look! I can't wait to meet your newest family member. Hugs and kisses for Mina!

Love,
Sarabeth

heavenfourme said...

CONGRATULATIONS CRAWFORD FAMILY!!!!
So sweet! What a precious child!
Love to you all!

Carmi said...

Amy, Mina is absolutely adorable!!! It is wonderful that she is already smiling and laughing! It took Karys several days to get to that point. Praying that the rest of your time in China goes smoothly!

Anonymous said...

I saw a old post of yours on RQ stating you didn't think many families had adopted from Zhuzhou. If you haven't already, please join us at ZZ Families. We are a group of 500 plus families worldwide with ZZ children.

Best,
Michele
ZZ Families, listownwer