Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Friday, March 7, 2008

One on One time





Our little ones go to preschool on alternating days, by design.  This way I get to spend a little one on one time with each of them.  This week has been a little bittersweet, as we are very excited to be going to China to pick up Mina, but we are going to miss our little ones in a very bad way. Yesterday J.C. & I went on one of your picnic bike rides.  We pack a picnic and I strap him in this old school bike seat, we ride for a few miles then stop at the big neighborhood swings and have a picnic.  This is one of his favorite things to do, and I love hangin' with this kid, he is such a character and no one can make me laugh like this little guy.  Now my big girl on the other hand, she is  a bit more serious.  If you ask her what her favorite thing to do is hands down she will say, "CRAFTS".  We spent today making these cute bow holders for all of the bows we made last week.  Not many 5 year olds could handle an Xacto knife and a glue gun like this kid, but she would take over the household and not miss a beat if we would let her.  She always has at lease one crafty mess going, but we both really love fussing with this kind of stuff.  Our one on one days will change a bit as soon as we are home from China so I am really cherishing our time these days. 

No comments: