Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

As good as its gonna get.. for now

I can not believe that I have yet to get a decent photo of all the kiddos together. I have not been up for the battle. When I try to corral the kids all together and then pull out my camera you start to hear moaning and groaning and teeth gnashing. I tried this morning at 7:30a.m. before we headed out the door for church. All of us dressed, fed, and 3 out of 5 kids actually had a comb put through their hair.


Personally, I much rather take photos of each of them one by one.  
My baby girl just finished up her Kindergarten year.  Cliche or not, I can't believe how she is growing up so quickly.  I vowed a long time ago to always let my children know how much I love the person they are growing up to be, and not dwell on the fact that they are not babies anymore.  
Tonight when she went to bed I threatened to put bricks on her head to keep her from growing any taller while she was sleeping (yeah, I know, I broke my own vow).   

And then this guy, he will be a Junior in High school next year, half of which he will live in Beijing, without his Mama.

He is working 2 summer jobs, a camp counselor and at a local restaurant, and he sometimes thinks I am the toughest Mom in the whole world.  I love the man he is becoming. I wouldn't want to be 16 again for anything, so much stress, so little perspective.  He is handling it all much better than I ever did.  I pray for his protection and his ability to make good decisions...It's all about making good decisions.... 
 

3 comments:

monica said...

Your family is absolutely beautiful. I wish I had half of what you have to be able to raise 5 kids. Love, Monica

fullertribe said...

Getting more and more excited about our trip with every post that you make. C isn't a little boy anymore. How does this happen??? Last time I saw him he was laying on my lap pretending to be a kitty and he thought that my mom and I were twins.

Carmi said...

Amy, I did have to laugh about the thoughts of what the kids were doing as you tried to take pictures. They are all adorable. I used to tell Eliana I was going to put bricks on her head too...I can not believe she will be in 2nd grade next year!