Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fun project

So remember last week when I said I love living in the South... I take it back. The weather has been N-A-S-T-Y!!! We have been playing with this super fun project.. and the kids have loved it. You can get this stuff at Walm@rt or Mich@els and it is pretty cheap. It is clay that you can bake. We have had a ball making little beads and animals.
This keeps them all occupied for much longer than you'd think. (except for Finn, we try to do this when she is sleeping, oh I can't even imagine the mess she would make) They are always super proud of their cool creations.
I made this cutie necklace for Kobi for Valentines day and she hasn't taken it off, makes me feels all special.
Try it, it's fun when you have no other option than to be stuck inside- grossly outnumbered by kiddos :)

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ooh, girl - I sense corporate sponsorship coming your way! "This blog brought to you by...Sculpey!" (did I get that right?) That really DOES look like fun (and much cheaper than going to the pottery painting studio!) Thanks for the tip - I have a 40% M's coupon burning a hole in my pocket...

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love Sculpey clay! We made Christmas gifts for teachers and such one year! Lots of fun! You guys made some really cute stuff! I think you have an artistic bunch on your hands!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Truly Blessed said...

FUN!!! Now we need to do the same thing. Thanks for the great idea!

Bailey said...

What a wonderful idea! I have not even noticed this clay, but I am going to purchase some this weekend so that the Bug and I can create some fun little treasures. You have got the greatest ideas. The weather may be yucky outside, but you seem to be enjoying your time inside. Thanks!

rgshrs said...

So cute! J would love this stuff too! and having D, I can easily imagine the mess Finn would make with it! LOL

Jen Barbee said...

I'm gonna go get me some of that TODAY - just in case I get snowed in with these 5 kiddos anytime soon.