Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

dc


we are in D.C.! Collin and I had the best time yesterday hoofin' it around the city in waist high snow. Half the paths are cleared the other half are an icy mess just perfect for uncoordinated folks like ourselves. We saw several of the monuments and musuems and even spent a great deal of time getting lost wherever the metro train took us. We are excited to do it all over again today and see more. I have a feeling you could live in this city for a very long time and not even scratch the surface of things to do. Today will be our last day spent together before he leaves for Beijing. Tomorrow, Collin has his predeparture orientation and I will have to say good-bye to him after lunch. I am still in denial. Oh, and because I stress the small stuff.... I was just thinking about this horrible little trait that I have. I am "allegeric" to my own tears,,,seriously, as embarassing enough as it is to cry in public. When I do my whole face breaks out in red bumpy hives that last about 20 minutes until I have regained full control of my emotions. What the HECK am I supposed to do tomorrow when I have to leave my boy and then find myself to another part of this unfamiliar city all the while heaving and crying and my face looking like something terrible has just happened? It ain't gonna be pretty.....or subtle

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, girl...hang in there! I can't believe you say good-bye tomorrow. Just start guzzling Benadryl (kidding!) - you/he are in our prayers.

Sharing Life and Love said...

Enjoy the moments...

Michelle said...

I am praying for you all.
Blessings,

Love for Lilly Yin said...

Oh you will have the ugly cry going on...its okay though, everyone will understand, and you will not care. Praying for you all.

Gretchen said...

I am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

You are allowing Colin to go on one of the greatest adventures of his life! Years from now, he will realize what a great gift this gift of travel was, that you gave him! Our prayers are with you and your first baby!
xo,
C3J2

rgshrs said...

Aw, sending hugs your way girl! Deep breath and hang in there. We'll thinking of you and keeping you both in prayer tomorrow!

Jen Barbee said...

Mama's aren't supposed to be pretty or subtle when their babies leave for the other side of the planet. Let it go girl!

fullertribe said...

Just let it happen! Who cares what it looks like nobody know you there anyway! I think it's so awsome that you two are getting this time together.

Selina said...

Praying for you today.

elizabeth said...

at least you know that nobody does the ugly cry as bad as me : ) thinking of you...proud of you BOTH : ) xoxo