Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Friday, February 19, 2010

So I am back home from dropping my (biggest) baby off in d.c. and I am still in a bit of denial. He is still in orientation and will be flying to Beijing in the morning. I managed to hold myself together yesterday as I boarded the metro train, walked 8 blocks to my hotel room, waited for the elevator to take me to the ninth floor, opened my room door and then proceeded to throw myself on the bed and into a fit that would put my house full of toddlers to shame. Then...I was rescued... I had planned a full on 24 hour pity party... but my cousin wasn't having it. He just happens to own the most beautiful B & B just outside of D.C.. He swooped in and saved the day.
He picked me up and battled the RidIculOus rush hour traffic and set me up for the night in this suh-weet room. You have to check out his place Stoney Creek Farm It is breathtaking. I also got to see my Aunt, Uncle and a few of my wonderful cousins as well. A true escape. I will be forever grateful.

3 comments:

Mommy said...

Thinking of you!

Jen Barbee said...

Oh girl - kick back and relax in the peace and quiet of that beautiful room!

fullertribe said...

Favorite place in the whole world!!! I'm SO glad that you got to go and stay there and spend time with the Family. I miss them all very much. I'm also glad that you weren't left by yourself to have to deal with your baby being gone. He will adjust and I'm sure the time will go by way faster than either of you think. Praying for both of you everyday. Love you much!