Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Easing my worried heart...

I finally got to talk to my boy. We had talked once briefly and he was in full on high school dorm culture shock. I was relieved to talk to him again and see how great he is doing now.
My boy is pretty animated, he loves to tell a good story. Oh he is going to have loads of them. His host family seems just precious... A boy his age, an auntie, a grandmother, and a Mom. They all crowded around the screen and we exchanged Hello's and Ni Hao's. I so wanted to take a picture right then and there but I resisted. I only got one of the Grandmother who seemed very interested in what he was up to and was peering over his shoulder for the majority of our chat. She seems absolutely precious. It is so strange to see them all interacting together and talking to my boy. He is psyched that his host mother owns a restaurant! I always tell Collin that when he is ready to get married to stand outside a culinary school and marry the first nice girl that walks out... He would be happy for eternity. I miss him but all the anxiety is gone. I am thrilled that he is having a good time. He finally updated his blog so I could see some photos of where he is ! www.beijing4dummies.blogspot.com

4 comments:

monica said...

So cool! He will come back a changed (and better) young man. If only we call could have those experiences at that age. Then again, it's you who planted the seed and he is just reaching for the sun.

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy...what an incredible experience for him!! I know it did a Mama's heart so good to be able to see him..and hear his voice all at once! Praise God for technology that allows that!! I am thrilled to be able to follow along! Thanks for sharing his blog. :) Bobbi

chksngr said...

How amazing! He looks like he's having fun! Checked in on his blog too. I love that he went to buy bleach!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What an experience this is for him. Glad you were able to skype with him and glad to see he's happy and doing well!

Tammy