Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

the beans..

**update. so we are still holding out hope, we were told we would hear by Thurs, then Fri now we should know by Tuesday, hopefully. It is looking like our long shot just got a bit longer. I am trying to keep the hope...
I know a few weeks ago I posted about making hard decisions. It's kind of a crazy story and it goes something like this.... for the past year I have had the itch to move. Just feeling not so content with my suburban life...I know, "get a problem chick", right? Well as we all know, now is not the time to put your house on the market and move on up. Especially with 5 kids under foot and my biggest baby moving to China in 4 days (excuse me while I toss my cookies). Anyhow a few months back I said a prayer that went something like this..."Dear God, I am making the choice to be content with my beautiful home with which I am so blessed. If you think our family should move then I know you have the power to send someone to knock on our door that wants to buy our house, until that day I will be content with my happy home. Amen." Well, just guess what happened in this super saturated buyers market....uh, someone came knocking on our door and wanted to buy our house. What the heck are we supposed to do with that...uh, but where are we supposed to live...but our kids will probably have to change schools.. but, but, but, but.... long story short, after much excited agony we are in the process of selling our house, and looking for a new house. Of course there is only one house that we like and of course it is ridiculously out of our budget. So today we have an offer on the table to purchase a fantastic new OLD house... I really want an old house, one of the problems with living in suburbia,,,most of the houses are new, big, and so NOT my taste. So the offer that is on the table is -to put it mildly, a long shot. The home is corporately owned at the moment so we are waiting on the verdict. So again today I am saying a prayer that goes something like this... "Dear God, you have miraculously blessed our little family and we are so grateful. Today there are some folks sitting around a table looking at the numbers for us to buy our little dream house. Dear God I know you are bigger than any number and that you are bigger than the odds of this actually working in our favor. If we are meant to raise our children in this place at this time, would you please sit in on this meeting, and get these papers signed. Thank you. Amen"
Now may the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

12 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Now that's the kind of stories I like to hear. I love it when you see God move in such obvious ways! I will be excited to see what God does here! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy

Angie said...

Praying that you and your family are given the sign to do what it is you are meant to do...when things are up in the air, it makes life so stressful, all of the what if's and I wonders....but God provides in all things, and I know he has heard your prayers...Hoping collin had a good flight and safe travels! Email me if you ever need to talk-loveya

Love for Lilly Yin said...

Wow, thats awesome. Obviously it is Gods intent for you to move, and I am sure he will show you the perfect house as well. Keep me posted. Moving my way? Or staying closer your way?

How long will Colin be studying in China? I am sure you have already said, but I think I must have missed it.

rgshrs said...

Oh I will say that prayer with you! God certainly works in wondrous ways. Praying that everything works out for you. :)

Truly Blessed said...

Wow! What an amazing story. Can't wait to hear how it turns out...

Heather Glawe said...

You know I'm already on the praying part! Love you!

Aimee said...

Amy,
God is so funny, isn't He?? I love when He does things like this!
Being from New England, I also love old houses, but don't really like the prices of big old rambling Victorians here. Are you staying South or moving my way? We'd love to have you closer. Sorry you won't be joining us for CNY.. we'll be thinking of you and the memories you'll be making to last you 6 months.. breathe!!

Blessings,
Aimee and Cary and Caiya

Alisa said...

Wow. Congrats! Iknow you have wanted to move for a while. So was your house for sale or did someone really come knocking like in the movies?

Bailey said...

Wow, talk about your prayers being answered. I will be praying for your family that things work out. Congratualtions!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I have tears in my eyes...
Although we haven't had the chance to chat in a long while (too long), I will miss your beautiful face and your amazing family! But I also know, that this is something you've wanted for a very long time. I just hope that this new house isn't too far away...
You are a gem!
Hugs,
C3J2

Michelle said...

Wow I hope it near me!!! Praying for your family and for your son as he travels I know he is going to have lot's of fun...

Blessings,

chksngr said...

How amazing!!! I love your faith moves, Amy! When you pray, you go BIG!! What amazing trust in an amazing God!!! LOVE YOU!!!