Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day

I love living in the South, yesterday it was 60 degrees. Today the kids woke up with an excitement that put Christmas morning to shame. It doesn't matter that we probably received less than 2 inches of snow, the sleds still worked.
And the smiles were beaming.
I do feel for you Mommies in the north, snow days are a lot of work. Once a year is enough for me.


The laundry that follows is just a bit insane.
Hi, My name is Finn... my Mommy thinks I am ridiculously adorable.
I am full on two years old. I can go from this....
to this...in seconds flat... it is a talent.

6 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Looks like fun! We have ice and snow too (and we're like you...maybe once or twice a year)!

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Bailey said...

What Fun!!! Yes, snow days are difficult, but we love them up here (in South Dakota). Fortunately where we live we don't receive tons of snow, we can actually see some green grass poking through right now!

Your photos captured some wonderful memories. Looks like they all enjoyed a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing.

chksngr said...

Ahhhh, yes...Scott did the snow day thing with Jay. He's now having an INSIDE playdate with the neighbor girls...I LOVE that last picture! How do they do that!!?!?!?!

Truly Blessed said...

I'm glad you're loving the snow. As for us up here in the frigid north, we're glad to let you have it! Now, if we could just do something about this Arctic air that is wicked cold...The girls are all too cute in their winter gear!

fullertribe said...

Last year John got back into Snowmobiling which Gabe LOVES! So we haven't really gotten out to do much sledding or anything else for that matter. All of our kids like the snow but I on the other hand think that living where you are would be WONDERFUL. I hate the snow.

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Oooh, looks like fun! We had snow too......

(Tweaking)

"Hi. My name is Finn. My mommy and Joy think I'm ridiculously cute."

;-)

Love, Joy