Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME






We made it!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't believe it, we are home. Grandpa & Abui are on their way here with our 2 little ones, so in a few short hours we will all finally be together!!!!  Amazing!  Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life thus far.  I cringe at the sight of my suitcase!  Check out "C's" face in the photo of Mina's travelin' in style... His face says it all- how we felt about the Newark airport yesterday!..... When we finally got off the plane we were greated by a great group of friends with sign, smiles, and flowers.  What a great homecoming!!!! Thanks guys!  I wasn't expecting them so I didn't have my camera ready,  I was just soaking in the long awaited moment.  ( I am sure "H" has a photo she took sitting in my inbox already,  she's great like that...I will have to post one later)   it was a beautiful sight.  Mina loved checking out her new "pad" and was having a blast playing with a few of the random toys laying around the house,  it took her a while to check everything out...It was really like a dream.    Last night, bedtime was ROUGH to put it mildly... we are feeling quite the jet-lag experience right now...  I swear the flight is like labor (with no epidural)  and the jet-lag is the sleepless nights of a new mama...  If I had to choose between them I would take the labor... no lie.   Check out our Stork,,, how sweet is that.  What a great welcome... We couldn't be happier....Thanks for following our most amazing journey!  We are truly blessed beyond words.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mina is even more adorable in person!!! Glad you're all home safe and sound. Julia is anxiously awaiting "K" and "J"'s return.
C3J2

Anonymous said...

WAHOOOO!!!! Been checking several times today, hoping that you were finally back! SO happy for you...can't wait to hear how things go with K and J...I so desperately want to stalk you down right now, but know that you need some space. Make sure to post an "all clear" when we can come running! WELCOME HOME!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Home!

Mommy said...

Home sweet Home! I'm so excited for you. Enjoy your days of settling in...or at least commit them to memory through the jet lag.

Truly Blessed said...

Yay, you're home!!! So glad your China journey is over -- and your new journey as a family of six is just beginning!

Can't wait to see you reunited with your other two kiddos -- and see pictures of Mina with her new "littler" brother and sister!

Andrew Goerke said...

Welcome Home

Carmi said...

Glad you all are home safely and praying the jet lag is gone soon.