Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING & (the only recipe I am making this year)

I LoVe Thanksgiving!  It is one of my favorite holidays.  I love to cook, I love to eat and especially LOVE spending time with my family.  This year I have a dirty little secret though and I kind of feel like a big fat cheater cheater pumpkin eater.... I have ordered my Thanksgiving dinner from here and in the morning the whole crew is packing this party up and heading outta town for a quiet relaxing weekend, with absolutely nothing but board games and roaring fires.  I would normal shudder at the thought of abandoning cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  But things have been quite a whirlwind around here lately.    So I am opting for a stress free holiday.  I'm gonna have to go big for Christmas dinner :) ....

 But there is one, only one recipe that I won't be leaving behind.    Holiday Mimosas!!  Last year I snapped this pic when we made cranberry mimosas...this year I'm kicking it up and making pomegranate ones...  So festive
so all you need is Champagne, O.J. and either cranberry juice or pomegranate juice...  
fill your glass half way with the champagne and then add your juice...
Happy Thanksgiving y'all! 

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.