Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

beautiful day

We had a great time a couple days ago hiking up a nearby mountain. Here's the crew before we started up to the pinnacle in the distance.
We weren't sure how it was going to go, we had hiked it a while back with 2 less kiddos and we had fun...so we gave it a go. 
Of course this wasn't too reassuring with all the littles in tow....mostly the part about the difficulty level...

but they made us proud!  We made it to the top with little to no whining (shocker).  And once at the top the view and the chocolate chip muffins that the girls made earlier that morning were worth ever step! 

!I love the fall.. so beautiful 

I have all these heartfelt post that I think of everyday that I want to put on the ol' blog here.  and then the day and the inspiration gets sapped outta me after we tuck all the kiddos in.  But I swear, as I'm driving around town in my uber cool mama van, here are some of the things I want to share with y'all...
  • the best part of adopting a 5 1/2 year old
  • the hardest part of adopting a 5 1/2 year old
  • how Ty has my heart wrapped around his finger
  • i love having a big 'ol family
  • i'm not cut out for having a big 'ol family
  • Christmas card photo out takes, thanks to Finnley
  • my best organization tips that work for me (a.k.a..the most unorganized woman on the planet)
  • lots of recipes
  • lots of fun craft ideas
  • what i want to be when i grow up
  • my husband is a saint
  • my new hobby that i hate
  • ty's adoption video that just needs a few tweeks, cause i can't wait to make y'all cry
  • why adoption is my heart
  • why adoption doesn't have to be hard, and how it can be too easy if you so choose. 
  • how adoption is NOT expensive 
  • all the crazy house projects going on around here
  • all the crazy house projects that go on in my head, and need to know if I should tear into them or not..


So yeah these are just a few of the  topics that float around in my head....let me know if there is one you really want me to share.  

9 comments:

The Sharp Family said...

Please share all of them :) They sound right up my alley! Been thinking of you and your beautiful family lately and hoping you are all well :) Oh, yes, let's talk about a "big ol family" and how much you love it.... Would LOVE to have a BIG family myself :) Take care of you!

Love for Lilly Yin said...

Well I already know one and two...but the rest I am up for!

You sound like me...I write blog posts in my mind all the time, they just never make it to the keyboard!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

get busy, girl! i too want to read them all! :) however i'd love to read about how you love having a big family and how you're not cut out for it... and if it would so relate, how adoption can be easy. (not because ours was/is hard, but just because it encourages me to hear others embracing life!)

so glad you are doing well... if not totally busy and wiped out! i feel you there... and i only have 1/2 the kids you do! :)

erika

Hebnix said...

Let's get crackin' on these stories! I wanna read them all now!

Great to see the fun pics from the hike.

elizabeth said...

me too girl...just this morning i finally jotted down an entire list of the blogs i've been blogging in my head with the hope that when i finally get around to them i will actually remember what i wanted to say : ) love your words and pics even when they are few and far between...more important stuff going on in your life right now!

Michelle said...

Okay let's here the answers to all the above... Need to get together soon...

Kristi said...

I'm sad that we moved from the area before we ever got to take Ky hiking there. We were last there the Christmas while we were waiting for our TA...
I personally can't wait for the 'I love having a big 'ol family/i'm not cut out for having a big 'ol family series!
And pray tell, what uber cool mama van do you drive? I personally was thrilled when toyota came out with their great marketing campaign to show that my "swagger wagon" really was cool!

Joy said...

I have to know how adoption in NOT expensive! I need that answer asap:)

Truly Blessed said...

All of them!!

You've got such a wonderful family!