Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Motivationally challenged


So my once active lifestyle has slowed to screeching halt. Sure I chase a bunch of kids around but my intentional activity output is literally nonexistent. Yesterday I jumped at the chance to take the kids for a bike ride and decided to roller-blade along with them. I know that most people haven't roller-bladed since the '90's but if I remember right it is actually quite fun. I will not tell you how old these skates are but the truth here is evident. The kids hopped on their bikes and I donned my skates and off we went... Within two blocks my legs were on FIRE. Am I really that out of shape? Seriously, this is pathetic, I could barely move, I was having to suck up my pride every time one of my neighbors drove past, I was moving in slow motion. I once did a rollerblade "marathon" through Disney world, 26 miles, with a smile on my face, but now I was feeling ridiculously old and pathetic. And then I looked down and realized that my "oldish" skate wheels were melting into the summer scorched blacktop pavement. I was instantly thrilled! Maybe, just maybe I am not as shamefully out of shape as I thought, maybe I just need some new skate wheels and all will be right with the world... Come on kids, bike rides over! I need to get myself a new dose of motivation.. this didn't help.

2 comments:

Hebnix said...

I used to love doing that as well!
Unloaded them to the goodwill a few years ago, but man they were fun!

Carmi said...

Oh My! I had no idea that those wheels could melt! That had to be the problem!!