Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First day of school blues...

The blues for me me, not so much these guys. They were pretty excited to go back to school. For me it is one of those milestone days where you really have to face the fact that your kids are growing up way faster than you care to think. Makes me think of that saying... The days are long, but the years are short...Jack started Kindergarten, he was a bit nervous, my advanced apologies to his future wife, my boy is a boy of few words, and when he is upset or nervous, even fewer words. His communication skills are all boy when it comes to emotions. Kobi started first grade. She was excited, I know she is going to have a great year. She is all about the routine and organization that school brings, and her mother is greatly lacking.
Oh, and my biggest baby,, boo hoo hoo hooo. He started his first day of his junior year... A year that is guaranteed to be life-changing. He will be living in Beijing for the second semester of his Junior year of High School, on scholarship from the U.S. Government. He is just a little (and by little, I mean outrageously over the top) excited. I am trying to just focus on how it will be great life experience for his future, not so much on him actually leaving.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I can't believe we soon won't have C stumping us at his work ("Don't we know him?" - how did he get to be a JUNIOR already?? : ) and that Kobi and Jackson are reunited at school once again! As you know all too well - it only picks up pace from here - bring on the tissues!!

Anonymous said...

And your oldest is an incredible motivator too! Jeff and the kids saw him at the high school open house, getting all of the incoming ninth graders excited about HS...he could do stand-up...he's a rock star!
BTW, I really didn't want too seem too overly excited about that yellow bus picking up my children, when I saw you this morning, but excitement is my only option at the moment. When I think too long about it, I get upset..as I am right now! Time really does fly!!!
Love, C3J2

Emily said...

Thank you for all the sweet comments you leave on my blog :) You have such a beautiful family!!! You had mentioned that you also go to Elevation... which campus and service are you normally at? I volunteer at Providence so I'm normally there but at different times each week. Went to the new Matthews campus last Sunday... it's AWESOME if you haven't been yet!