Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Monday, August 31, 2009

and the Bad Mommy of the year award goes to.....

So I could argue that it was a set up... After all, Jack had his staggered start first day of Kindergarten last week. This is so that each kid can go to class in a smaller setting and then start the next week with the full class, helping the kids get more familiar with their teacher, and the teachers get to know them a little better. So this week started full on Kindergarten. Who knew that they didn't start on Monday with all the other kids,but on Tuesday? We had the kids loaded up, Marc took them to school, dropped them off, Kobi walked our nervous little guy to his class, I started the morning with 3 little ones, and the phone rings, it is the school. Apparently school doesn't start for Jack until tomorrow. So Marc goes back to the school to pick him up, thank goodness because I would be absolutely humiliated, and Marc has a much better way of finding humor in the situation. I would argue it was a set up, I don't remember seeing anything in the mass quantities of paperwork that the kiddos all brought home on the first day. But since 150 other Mommies got it right, and I didn't....
I think I get to hang my head and apologize to my little guy for waking him up and giving him his 2nd day of school pep talk and sending him on his way. Only to face what is sure to be the first in a long string of finding out his Momma is a scatterbrain and not nearly as perfect as his 5 yr old self thinks, at least for the time being. I'm so sorry baby.

9 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

The staggered schedule drove me nuts. i can so see how this could happen! Our staggered schedule lasted for three weeks!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Awww:) Its okay!!

Maya's Mommy said...

Don't worry, as a teacher I see this happen all the time! Our Kindergarten is every second day, so there are bound to be some mix ups.

Lori

Mommy said...

Oh NO! It's OK. Cut yourself some slack. You ARE the Mommy of six this week. See what adding one more to the mix might do? HA! You better hold off for a while. :-)

chksngr said...

HEE HEE!! Oh, girl..you have FIVE children!!! I'm surprised you can remember you own name! And one day, this will be something you two can share with a laugh.

Jen Barbee said...

I LOVE THIS!! It is so comforting to know that other moms do this kind of thing..... Cut yourself some slack. You are juggling so many things right now!

monica said...

Nothing you do will ever sway my opinion of you as supermommy. I'm actually glad to know that you're human after all:)

Kathleen said...

Quite the contrary - you blogging about it makes you a very lovable mommy ; ) (LOVE the cute braid, by the way...!)

Sarabeth Hudson said...

I may rival you with the 'Bad Mommy of the Year' award...I promise! Aside from me finding my baby girl STANDING on her high chair TRAY, I tried to be a 'cool' mom and buy my kids the PINK album. They love the 'Get in a fight' song (So What, I'm Still a Rock Star...you know the one?). So after I buy it, I read the label that says 'no returns if opened', open it (because why would I want to return it), THAT is when I notice the 'Explicit Version' listed on the album cover! So now I have to have strategic coughing fits throughout the CD! We all do something from time to time, I guess!!!