Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We went school supply shopping a few days ago and there are few things more irresistible than a new box of 96 count crayol@s.  We couldn't resist.  But since we had a whole bunch of gnarly crayons circa 2009, we decided it was time to dive into this super easy project.  Unwrapping the old nubby crayons kept them busy for a bit. 


Then we filled up little silicone cupcake "tins", and popped 'em in a 200 degree oven for 10 minutes.  
 Now they have these super cool multi color crayons and they love them.  
 While that was going down Cinderella and I made our favorite banana bread.

Wanna know how to always spot a favorite recipe?   Page through a cookbook until you find a page that looks as skeevy as this one.  That way you know it's a keeper.  

Seriously this is the best recipe.  Its from an old Kansas farmers cookbook.  I had every intent to take a photo of the prepared banana bread, but it was inhaled in moments.  I have yet to make this and have even one slice left over to have with my coffee the next morning.  It's good stuff, I would even say it's the Tastiest-ever :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just lamenting over our ridiculous crayon tub today when we were doing a project! How do we always end up with SO many oranges and browns?!? This is a perfect project and, paired with the yummy homemade treat, will pretty much be happening by next week at my house. Thx for the tips! :)