Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Will he or won't he???????

So Collin, our teenage son, submitted a scholarship application for an exchange student program to live in China for 6 months next year.  I figured the scholarship was a long-shot, so he submitted it without much thought. On Saturday he had an interview to be chosen for one of the spots. We will know next month if he will be going or not, but now my Mommy panic is starting to set in.  Holy Cow, could my baby actually be living in China next year for 6 months?? I was thinking about how great it will be having Finn home and not to have to be waiting and worrying about one of my babies in China, how ironic that I may be in the same boat, next year... for the third straight year, but instead of waiting for my new baby I would be waiting for my oldest "baby" to come home!!! 
I am not sure if I want him to get the scholarship or not.  I know that the experience would surely be life changing.  I am praying that if it were to change him for the better than he get it, and if it will have a negative impact on him that he will be overlooked.  We shall see...   

4 comments:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Well if personality plays any part, he is certainly *in*! How exciting and how uneasy at the same time!

Thanks for checking in on me!

monica said...

All experiences are worthwhile, so whatever the outcome, it will be the right one. Love, Monica

Anonymous said...

omg - collin has to go - how amazing!!!! there is always skype post-olympics! congratulations c!!!!!
beth

Carmi said...

That is so cool! I hope he gets to go!