Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Counting down to Summer fun..

Can you feel the excitement of summer???
 I sure can and I've been busy getting my tail in gear finishing up a few projects around the house.   I'm on a mission to channel my inner baby-sitter,   "say what???"  Well my goal is to be able to play along with the kiddos all summer long... you know, like a baby-sitter does.  I really want to be conscious of doing anything that doesn't have to be done.  When the kids are having a lazy day watching a movie...I want to be right there in the thick of it... not scrambling to get anything done.  So standards will be lowered... chore charts will be made [we gotta share the love :) ]...and I am thinking of pulling out this trick again... 
maybe with some more summery/healthy meals.  I'll have to get on that planning though, only a few more days of school. If you want the recipes/instructions from my last freezer filling extravaganza,, you can check out the link here.  


6 comments:

chksngr said...

You know, I've said this before...but you are my HERO! I want to live life with as much planning, purposefulness and focus as you do. Its so inspirational to read how you manage it!!

Hive for the Home said...

Holy Toledo Mosquito!!!! That's just kuh-ray-zee organized!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a website but found your page through a friend of adoption. Love your family. Would love to get organized for the summer as well even just get organized. I am looking to start with the food area. I would love to have the Chicken Noodle Soup recipe. It looks delicious! Thank you for sharing your heart and your family with us.
Laura Simpson

Lykke said...

What a lovely blog and a wonderful family. I've randomly found your blog and it has sucked for me ... Your incredible way to describe life on and your beautiful family have inspired me - I myself am a mother of 2 adopted, but it still sucked your adoptions to me, do not think you get enough of this world ... I look forward to seeing more of your family in the future ... Helle from Denmark

Jenny said...

I love having a freezer full of meals. Makes crazy evenings a BREEZE. I'm going to check out the link. Thanks for posting!!!

jake said...

I love you my sweet wonderful Amy, but I disagree! I want a babysitter!!!!! Today was Jake's last day of preschool and I am scared.
I'll let your positive thoughts inspire me to not be such a debbie downer!