Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First day of school this morning... 
it's a really early day,  for goodness sakes it's still dark out, and this little one is my sleeper.  She is so fun to wake up early in the a.m. :(
the littles are a bit anxious as they have to start at a new schools since we moved just before summer.  A whole 4 miles from our old house and it lands us in a new school district.

it hit me like a ton of bricks that this is ... the last- first day of school my boy will have while living at home.  the last time i will be able to take these obligatory first day of school pics and send him on his way- waiting to hear how his day went.  i love this stinkin' kid, i used to be so scared of the teen years but he's my bud.  i am so proud of the man he is becoming.  he has such an old soul and thankfully is the exact opposite of the usual teen that has a huge sense of entitlement.  he's the one that puts me in check when i am whining or complaining about silly things.  he is quick to show me the bigger picture.   he's going to do great things this guy,  i can't wait to witness it!
another big first/last.  our pseudo son - James left for college and broke my heart.  I love this boy like one of my own, it was so sad to see him go.  but he promised to come "home" for all the holidays and breaks.  We will miss this guy, all the kids love him to pieces and our house feels more complete when he is in it.    I look at the photo of these two guys and it upsets me that teens get such a bad rap.  these guys are loving, caring, motivated and just all around fun to be around.  

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am right there with this is Josh's last year. Hope to see you guys on Sunday..

Mommy said...

That makes me sad about C...the last-first day o' school. Awwww...I hope it goes well for all!

Jen said...

Hey Amy,

I'm in the middle of making Zoe's Gotcha video and I really want to use the song that is at the end of Finns. Could you let me know the artist and song title. I'm so excited to almost be done it's only taken me nine months to start.....

Truly Blessed said...

Amy,

I totally agree that so many times teenagers (especially boys) get a bad rap. I lived in fear of my own boys' teenage years -- thanks to "warnings" from BTDT moms -- and found the exact opposite of what I was fearing to be true. My boys, and their friends, are funny, caring, compassionate, funny, smart, friendly, crude (but usually funny) and at times have an attitude, but overall are WONDERFUL human beings. I just love my teenage boys and their friends!

We're not sending the kids off to school until after labor day, but did send one off to college and another one will go this weekend, but we're bringing in a Chinese exchange student, and we're really looking forward to it!