Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm SOOO excited. We just received these photos last night. The Bloom Project (The non-profit that my girlfriend and I started!) bought milk and formula for these kids living in an orphanage in Haiti! Aren't they just beautiful!!! The amazing lady that started this orphanage is a nurse, she takes amazing care of these kids and is always getting new sick babies and bringing them back to health. There are about 30-40 kids living there at all times.  And I'm sure you all have heard the tragic stories about the food shortage in Haiti, and the hurricanes that have ripped through recently. Some of her before and after photos are startling at the least. She is doing some major work over there in Haiti, I hope we get the chance to help them out a lot more.  We are hoping to take a trip to visit them soon.  I don't know if I could leave without bringing a few of these kids home.  Most of the children are UP FOR ADOPTION!  We are trying to figure out a way to show photos and profiles of the kids so people could consider adopting them!  They are soo sweet. 

1 comment:

Mommy said...

That is awesome news! Tag...you're it! See you at the Womble Times...