Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving in FL.

We took a trip to Florida for Thanksgiving....
Oh the sunshine, it feeds my soul.

We are the dorkiest tourist, even when we are in our old stompin' grounds...

Finn cracks us all up... She decides to try to give the passerby's High-five's from her front row seat...
She quickly realized that Florida people are not usually as friendly as our fellow Northernerns, but she was quite proud when she could get someone to join in her shananigans.  She is so funny...
So our trip took a pretty crumby turn... Right as we were headed to my Mom's house, she called and said she wasn't feeling well.  She ended up in the hospital having an emergency quadruple bypass heart surgery.  So we spent most of our trip at her house, even though the little kids didn't even get to see her.  We had to do a quick impromptu Thanksgiving dinner...and I am so thankful that my biggest boy flew in the day before...  I couldn't have pulled it off without him.  He is so awesome... This is probably the worst picture ever taken of me...but my boy is so stinkin' cute...and helping me in the kitchen..i couldn't resist... 




Even with the worry over my Mom, we made the most of our trip. 
I don't know why, but I have always loved sea turtles...
This big guy has a shark bite injury...  poor little dude.  

Great memories are built crashing on the floor of Grandma's house with a room full of cousins :) 

Cousins,,,
Friends,,,
Uncle's
more cousins,,,
and even more cousins...    We miss them all....I had to leave you with fun easy yummy dessert the girls and I made.  We were craving some banana pudding after trying some at a hometown diner last week...so we looked up this recipe and it turned out super yummy for how easy it is... big time family hit.  

3 comments:

Bailey said...

So sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she is doing better. My thoughts are with you and her. Looks like despite the illness, you guys had a great time. Merry Christmas!

Cheri said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about your mother. I pray she is doing better on the road to recovery.

Kathleen said...

Yikes, Amy...I was so close to given you flak about not posting in so long (I needed my fix!) - had no idea about your mom! So, so grateful she's on the mend...gave Thanksgiving an ever deeper meaning! Such sweet pictures!